Low code development is a rising technology that allows businesses to swiftly and efficiently create software applications using visual tools and modeling instead of writing code from scratch. This expansion has increased demand for low-code developers with the skills to customize and manage low code applications. Read on to explore valuable insights into low code developer salary around the world.
The Market Demand for Low Code Developer
According to Future Market Insights’ recent forecast, the global market for low-code development technologies will reach $260 billion in the next 10 years. The expanding roles of business technologists and the growing adoption of enterprise-wide hyper-automation are the primary factors propelling low-code technology adoption through 2026.
Why do companies progressively adopt low code?
- They want to tackle the gap between the burgeoning demand for digital transformation and the lack of tech talents. Organizations can unlock this agility by equipping IT professionals and non-IT personnel with low-code tools.
- The need for customization. Off-the-shells software works wonders but often lacks domain expertise.
- Most businesses want to craft their specialized solutions, but not all have the resources to do so. In this case, low code is more cost-effective. It cuts down the time from lengthy development and, thus, reduces the need for professional developers.
- Organizations also invest in low-code technologies that foster innovation and composable integration as they adopt the composable enterprise model.
However, this doesn’t mean professional developers will lose their job to low code. Even though low code is accessible to anybody, basic coding knowledge is still a huge plus to leverage this technology up to its potential. And this, of course, highlights the surging demand for low-code developers.
Due to this trend, developers are increasingly incorporating low-code platforms into their skill sets to meet the rising demand for software and tackle the IT backlog. 84% developers agree that learning low code helps them achieve their career goals faster.
What Skills to Look For In A Low Code Developer?
When hiring a low-code developer, it is essential to identify the right skills and expertise to ensure the success of your development projects and estimate a low code developer salary. Let’s look at the critical skills of a low-code developer and their importance in delivering effective solutions for your business.
- Familiarity with one to a few low-code and no-code platforms (that’s why they are called low code developers).
- Understand simple UI/UX principles.
- Knowledge of database management: They are responsible for creating, maintaining, and optimizing databases for the applications they build.
- Strong problem-solving skills: An exceptional low-code developer should be able to identify and resolve issues that may arise during the development process.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills: Low-code developers frequently collaborate with business users who don’t have a technical background. As such, they must exhibit strong communication and teamwork skills to share ideas, gather feedback, and maintain alignment throughout development. It will be a plus if they have experience working in cross-functional teams or with stakeholders from different backgrounds.
- A responsible developer ensures that the project runs smoothly, and issues are addressed promptly, ultimately contributing to the project’s success.
Current Low Code Developer Salary
In one year, 37% of low code developers have increased their salaries from 5% to 10%, while only 26% of traditional coders experienced this. This doesn’t mean low code developers will earn more than others, primarily due to the gap between demand and supply. Low code is trending. It might take a few years to see the career opportunities in this niche domain.
Let’s take a look at the low code developer salary in India, UK, US and other regions.
|USA||$70,000 to $100,000|
|United Kingdom||$50,000 to $90,000|
|Canada||$40,000 to $80,000|
|Germany||$55,000 to $90,000|
|Netherlands||$65,000 to $80,000|
|Belgium||$30,000 to $40,000|
|India||$7,000 to $12,000|
|Hong Kong||Around $40,000|
|Singapore||$40,000 to $70,000|
|Vietnam||$6,000 to $15,000|
As you can see, the US and Europe regions are leading the low code engineer salary chart. Yet, this doesn’t indicate the quality of services or developers’ expertise. The gap between each region is caused by differences in living standards and the worth of currency. Because of this, many companies opt for offshore outsourcing instead of onshore to save resources and balance their finances.
Vietnam, India, China, Japan, and Singapore are the top-voted countries for Low Code Development and Software Development.
There are many ways to hire a low code developer:
- Post your Job description and wait for an application on Job posting websites such as Indeed, LinkedIn, or any popular web in your region. This works best if you are looking for a full-time and long-term contract developer.
- Look for reviews and references on Clutch, G2, and Goodfirms for a development partner if you want to outsource or don’t have a qualified in-house team to do the project.
- Go for Upwork, Fiverr, and other freelancing websites for a short-term developer. It’s best to hire someone for a simple and quick task.
Why Choose Vietnamese Low Code Talent?
As mentioned, Vietnam is currently the emerging region for software development (top 3 fastest growing of Asia). That said, we have pools of developers specialized in low code, ensuring good code quality and satisfied services.
This isn’t the only reason why you should work with Vietnamese Low Code Companies, but also:
- Their low code developer salary is more reasonable compared to others.
- They are familiar with all low code platforms.
- High-quality services since Vietnamese developers are responsible, hard-working, and have a great growth mindset (as their culture teaches them so).
- Political stability should also be considered. You might want to work with a partner that has a stable and peaceful environment long-term. And Vietnam has the highest score of political stability in Asia and a low rate of terrorism threat.
Working With Synodus For Your Low Code Development
Synodus is the leading Custom Low Code Development Company in Vietnam and APAC. We are the certified partner of Microsoft PowerApps, Nuclent, Salesforce, and Sitecore for low code consultation and development.
With 250+ well-versed developers, we offer development solutions with scalability across the spectrum, from startups to enterprises, to best serve your digital transformation. Our low code services range from Custom Web/ Mobile App Development, Internal Tools Development, Process Automation, Cloud Development to Legacy Modernization.
Striving to become your next strategic partner, our team closely guides you through every stage of development and beyond. Transparent communication, in-depth consultation, and seamless execution are the keys to our project’s success. View our portfolio!
In summary, the growing demand for low code development highlights the need for skilled low-code developers. Invest in the right talent and unlock the full potential of low code development for your organization. We hope our detailed guide on low code developer salary, and skillsets can help you choose the best strategy for your organization.
More related posts from Low Code blog you shouldn’t skip:
- Top 10 Custom Low Code Development Companies To Work With
- 10 Best Low Code Development Companies In USA To Hire
- Golden List: Best 8 Low Code Development Companies In Asia
- 10 Best Low Code Development Companies in India to Hire
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?