Do you believe in the future of NFT-based gaming? If yes, don’t wait to stay ahead of the pack by launching your own NFT Gaming Marketplace. Integrating your own NFT Marketplace into digital games, you are transforming the way players experience and enabling them to capture the value they create in the form of NFTs.
The gaming NFT Marketplace is expected to help decentralize the gaming industry and create a more player-driven ecosystem. This article is all about gaming NFT Marketplaces and how to build your own.
- What are Play-to-earn games? Why are Gaming NFTs booming?
- The need for a Gaming NFT Marketplace to trade, sell and buy gaming items
- Top 6+ best Gaming NFT Marketplaces you should check on
- How to build a Gaming NFT Marketplace?
- Work with Synodus
- Wrapping Up
What are Play-to-earn games? Why are Gaming NFTs booming?
For a simple understanding, play-to-earn games are video games that enable users to achieve pecuniary assets as rewards from completing in-game missions or tasks, battling others for prizes or even leveling characters. Those rewards might come as NFT assets and collections, decentralized lands and in-game tokens. Also, like traditional games, these play-to-earn games have a variety of models: racing, arcade, strategy, role-playing, etc.
Those in-game items that players will achieve through gaming can be sold in the NFT marketplaces as rare tokens, as opposed to the usual games – when every item belongs to the game distributors. The decentralized ecosystem will also support users with ownership and confidentiality, as every in-game asset is considered an NFT.
With all of these advantages, no wonder that play-to-earn games are becoming a blast in the world of NFTs and blockchain as a whole:
- Gaming NFT marketplaces contribute to the venture capital attraction from businesses.
- Businesses can operate and strategize a variety of marketing programs with the help of Gaming NFTs.
- NFTs in gaming offer security, uniqueness and flexibility in the development of businesses.
- In-game assets and collections owners can charge a transaction and service fee for each token traded.
- Gamers will have total control of their NFT-related items and achievements, which increases the attraction to newcomers.
The need for a Gaming NFT Marketplace to trade, sell and buy gaming items
Back in the day, when blockchain was on paper and games were primitive in actions, trading, buying and selling in-game items were more complicated. Gamers will have to rely on a third-party dealer to get their collections across. Moreover, rare items can be duplicated or faked with a simple re-design tool. Therefore, scams and frauds are all over the marketplaces. In other words, trust is the luxurious term those days, and there’s no guarantee that the items are real.
Everything has changed since the booming of blockchain, particularly NFT-based games. Smart contracts guarantee confidential and one-of-a-kind ownership, which helps owners in monetizing tradable items and secure the uniqueness of their collections. Moreover, the role of a third party is excluded, so owners can directly and flexibly advertise and sell their assets to fit the buyers’ needs.
NFTs in gaming can also benefit developers and distributors. The trading actions from gamers will shed a commission fee that creators may benefit from, and the cash is more valuable than the traditional games’ commissions. Also, the transparent nature of blockchain, in general, will encourage both players and creators in NFT-based community development.
Top 6+ best Gaming NFT Marketplaces you should check on
After seeing the advantages of NFTs in the world of video games, let’s dig into some of the best gaming NFT marketplaces that are thoroughly researched and trusted by both blockchain and gaming communities.
One of the biggest NFT marketplaces out there – OpenSea has it all: from artistic digital paintings to music samples, from domain names to converted real-life items. In-game tokens are not excluded, since the booming of gaming NFTs has contributed a lot to the marketplace. OpenSea is a perfect fit for newcomers and veterans who want to simply trade and mint items on the market with quick and easy interactions.
A low gas fee and cross-chain transactions (preferably Ethereum, Klatyn, Polygon and Solana) are also why both traders and gamers have trusted OpenSea.
Some notes to follow:
- Invested and developed by huge blockchain companies, namely Coinbase, Trust Wallet, Dapper, Blockchain Capital and many more.
- Transactions are carried out on Ethereum and DAI. However, 200+ stable coins and tokens are supported.
- User-friendly and minimalistic interface
- Free minting. A 2.5% transaction fee is included in every trading sequence.
- Third-party payment gateways like MoonPay can be used to buy NFTs, yet direct flat currencies are not supported.
Based on the booming NFT game Axie Infinity, this marketplace is a perfect place for gamers to trade and sell in-game tokens directly from the game. To be more specific, players can collect, buy and stack items into collections, battle with others and trade assets and creatures known as Axies. Those assets will then be converted into tokens for monetizing real-life values.
Some notes to follow:
- Axies can be traded as tokens for monetizing purposes.
- Breed, buy or stack Axies.
- In-game tokens known as AXS can be traded for items, rare characters, potions, virtual lands and exclusive rewards.
- Online playing in Windows and macOS websites, as well as Android and iOs applications.
- Support fiat currencies from credit cards or PayPal.
- Buy at least 3 Axies (at least $200/creature) to play and trade.
- A 5.25% commission fee will go to Axie Community Treasury when the supply of creator code is excluded.
NBA Top Shot Marketplace
This gaming NFT marketplace is the perfect choice for sport-related gamers and investors, as it supports owning, trading and listing NBA highlights exclusively as NFT-based moments. Being called the Moment NFTs, those are the captures of highlights and exclusive moments that only happened in one NBA match. Moreover, these assets can be collected from NBA players’ and teams’ milestones.
The assets come in packs, each consisting of moments and achievements of different teams and players, with the cost of just $9 for starters. More a more premium experience, players can check out the Premium Packs and Holo Icon, each costing $89 and $999, respectively.
Some notes to follow:
- Support both crypto (preferably Flow tokens) and fiat currencies. Credit cards and Paypal are accepted.
- Collecting items in moments, highlights, teams and players as tokens.
- NFTs from those packs are tradeable and can be resold. Blocko wallet is strongly advised for using this marketplace.
- Free listing and delisting. A 5% commission fee is withdrawn from each sale.
Decentraland is the gaming NFT marketplace that benefits a lot of investors, mostly for virtual land, character and avatar collectors. Moreover, this is perfect for business branding, as Metaverse is currently a thing nowadays.
The virtual lands are divided into parcels, each with a base price so users can add NFT-based environments, 3D objects and engaging applications/games. The parcels can be grouped as a whole separated territory, or they can be shared and divided into Districts and Communities. Decentraland supports only dynamic and static images, so videos and audio are not formatted on this platform.
Some notes to follow:
- MANA is the based token of Decentraland. This token can be used to trade and sell items and pay for any fee included.
- External wallets are supported so users can import NFT assets into the parcels.
- 3D and VR games can be designed through this platform.
- Have a trustable community for real estate agents, investors, gamblers and creators.
- A 2.5% transaction fee is withdrawn from each sale.
Immutable X Marketplace
Running games such as “Gods’ Unchained,” Illuvium Land, Blocklord Banners and Immortal Game, Immutable X provides everything users may need to create, trade and store NFT assets on the platform. Supporting up to 9000 transactions with zero fees, Immutable X Marketplace aims to attract and create a huge community between gamers and traders.
Moreover, the assets that users listed on this marketplace will also be distributed to other secondary marketplaces. Therefore, options for the ultimate sales will be unlimited. Energy consumption won’t be a thing since the Immutable X creators have found a way to run this platform on the Ethereum network with less carbon emission.
Some notes to follow:
- Support both fiat and crypto payments. Credit cards and Paypal are accepted.
- Free minting, listing and trading. The gas fee is excluded.
- Instantly distributed to multiple secondary marketplaces for sales and recognition.
- Collaboration with GameStop to distribute Immutable-based games and GameStop’s digital games.
- A 2% commission fee is withdrawn from each sale.
DMarket is a gaming NFT marketplace that mainly supports e-sport gamers and communities. Users can buy, trade and sell in-game items using a variety of fintech and game tech options, which may include Target/Bid, Circular Exchange and Instant Sale.
Its main target is to create a community between gamers, investors and developers all around the globe. Therefore, the features of this platform are not only for trading purposes but also for connecting and interacting. Streams and live matches are included (with the aid of exclusive stream drops technology), and audiences can collect a generous amount of live and rare NFTs while watching.
Some notes to follow:
- Supported cross-chain interactions from metaverses for gaming brands, exclusive airdrops and eSport-related activities.
- Accumulated various games, namely CS:GO, Team Fortress 2, Dota 2 and Rust.
- Support face-to-face transactions, which include a smart contract for confidentiality and uniqueness.
- Have a community for e-sport gamers, investors, audiences and commentators.
- Subscription plans are divided into three categories: Player, Trader and Ace; each has different turnovers and cashback percentages.
- A maximum of a 9% commission fee is withdrawn from each sale.
How to build a Gaming NFT Marketplace?
When building a Gaming NFT Marketplace, you might have to consider a few things beforehand. To be more specific:
- Research for the trending gameplays and online streams, as well as the digital cryptocurrencies you might have to incorporate into your marketplace.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of building your NFT-based games, as well as competitors from both gaming industries and blockchain communities.
- List the needed features for your gaming NFT marketplaces, namely storefront, bid/ask interactions, listings and token search.
- Choose the pricing plan: subscription or sales fee.
- Choose the desired UX/UI design for a user-friendly interface.
- Consider the tech stack and hire an outsourced team like Synodus for the best and most completed development.
- Deploy and promote your marketplace to the world.
Yet, creating a gaming NFT marketplace is similar to the usual NFT marketplace. Therefore, if you want to see the detail of how to create an NFT marketplace, you can check out our previous article right here: How To Create An NFT Marketplace?
Work with Synodus
Working with us, you will have the assistance of our seasoned subject-matter experts and passionate engineering team at any stage of your journey to success. From Blockchain Consulting to User Experience and Design, Blockchain Development, Deployment, Maintenance, and Upgrades, we have them all for you to consider.
Some services that we have incorporated including but not limited to:
- Blockchain Professional Services
- Strategic Blockchain Advisory
- DApp and NFT (Non-fungible tokens) Development
- NFT Games Development
- Cryptocurrency Wallet/Exchange Development
- Smart Contract Development & Audit
For over 30 projects, with the assistance of more than 50 highly experienced developers, we believe that you will have the best experience choosing Synodus as your trusted partner.
For more information about our services and previous projects, you can check out our portfolio here: https://synodus.com/blockchain/
It’s no doubt that Gaming NFTs and their marketplaces are becoming a blast in the world of blockchain for interactions and communities. Therefore, entrepreneurs and businesses can upgrade the user experience and monetize for themselves through more creative and unique interactions. If you want to see more engaging blockchain-related articles, you can check out Synodus for more.
Also, if you are struggling to build the best gaming NFT marketplace, we’re here to help.
More related posts from Synodus you shouldn’t skip:
- NFT Jewelry Marketplace: An Experience or A Real Investment
- Best 25+ Music NFT Marketplaces To Sell And Buy [2023 Edition]
- NFT Photography Marketplace: All You Need to Know
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Awesome! Information. Great work thanks for sharing such useful information. keep it up all the best.
Thank you Avli.
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.
Sure. Hope it helps!
repair cd dvd
This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something
that helped me. Kudos!
Thank you for your support! It means a lot.
Valuable information. Fortunate me I found your web site unintentionally, and I’m surprised why this coincidence did not took place earlier!
I bookmarked it.
Hey very nice blog!