The most effective use of this sales growth report will come from the context it provides, helping managers to identify patterns or trends and set realistic goals. Presenting an overview allows sales leaders to develop sales strategies and stay focused on the bigger picture—which is where they need to be.
This report includes the basic sales trends and important KPIs from a variety of sales aspects. It covers the sales trend in the past 7 days, the sales trend from the 1st of this month to date and from the 1st of this fiscal year to date in comparison with the previous corresponding periods, and also the value trends of lost sales, returns, stock on hand. The business could achieve the below goals:
- Track the current sales trend
- Catch the seasonality in business
- Track other aspects of sales related to inventory and sales returns
|Goals||Questions to ask||Dashboard views|
|Track the current sales trend||How has the the sales trend been in the last 7 days?||Sales past 7 days|
|Catch the seasonality in business||How did the sales change over the months? How has it changed from last year?||MTD, FYTD|
|Track other related aspects of sales||How have the number of orders, values of lost sales, returns and stocks on hand varied since the 1st day of this fiscal year?||Lost sales, Returned sales, Total Orders, Average SOH $|
Net Sales: the total revenue generated by the company, excluding any sales returns, allowances, and discounts
A selling opportunity you miss out on for items that are out-of-stock
A reduction in the actual sales which occurs when a customer, for whatever reason, returns the item to business
Sales Growth Report
- This dashboard will show you the net sales in the last 7 days. This is a great help to stay on top of your business and to know what happened while you were out of office for a week.
- It provides an overview of MTD – YTD net sales compared to the previous month, previous fiscal year. Businesses can rely on it to see the short-term and long-term business situation.
- Understanding the growth of lost sales is critical to stopping the leak and increasing sales in the future. Performing a lost sales analysis is one of the best ways to identify where improvements to your sales strategy are needed.
- Tracking Returned Sales to see the ratio against Net Sales is essential. A customer return or exchange should also be viewed as another opportunity to interact with a customer and leave them with positive feelings about your brand.
The recruiting strategy, inventory levels, and all other preparing duties can benefit from a precise understanding of how sales rise or fall. If the sales are low, can be boosted through multiple marketing techniques. The insights from this dashboard help in making these important decisions.
As seen in the report, overall the net sales since the start of this this fiscal year has been steady and the returned items situation has been improved. The business should be concerned about the stocks as the stocks on hand has been decreasing and there was an upward trend in the lost sales throughout the year.